Saturday, July 17, 2010

Plane Tickets and Moving Boxes



Good Morning everyone. I want to say that it is truly official Con and myself have bought our tickets and the moving company came to the apartment to have us sign the contract.


Lets start with the travel agent first because we got the tickets first. We went to our regular travel agent that we use when we have travel needs we cant handle ourselves. So since we were buying 1 one way ticket and 1 round trip ticket it would be best to go to her instead of trying to getting it through yahoo or expedia. The wait was quite long even though we were the only people physically in the place but i guess she had a back up of calls that she had to deal not a problem to be honest it was to be expected. We are finally at her desk and giving her the dates that we want and she is looking them up in the computer. We wanted to fly out of Phoenix on the 15th of October however they didn't have any flights . Therefore we settled on the 20th of October, which is one day before my mother's birthday. I didn't even think of that until my mother brought it to my attention when i told her the new date of our departure. Now here come the more interesting part that I was not aware of until we bought the tickets. Since I am traveling on a tourist visa i can only stay in Brazil for 90 days at a time and a total of 6 months out of they year. Now this has come to a total shock to me. If I knew this was going to be case I think I would have made other arrangement. I am not sure what those other arrangement's would have been but like I said really don't want to be away from Con that long. As right not it stands that I have two options. One is get a working visa through an English school or go back and forth from Brazil to USA.

Now lets move on to the easier issues to deal with and that is the moving company. They came on 16-Jul, 2010 They assessed what we have on our apartment and they told us it is going to cost 5,700.00 dollars to move all of things down. This is of course not including any insurance that we may want to put on any of the items that we are sending down. They will be bringing all of the boxes and tape and packing material that we need next week. We will have to get everything ready for them to put into the container by Sept 1, 2010 Exciting times I must say but also a nervousness is going through my body. To talk about moving down there and everything great in theory. However now its time to stop talking and start moving. Don't get me wrong it is still great and very excited to be moving down but with everything in life there are always the what ifs. I just need to sit back relax and tell myself everything is going to be ok and that we are moving in a positive direction to better our lives.

Straight Americans need... an education of the heart and soul. They must understand - to begin with - how it can feel to spend years denying your own deepest truths, to sit silently through classes, meals, and church services while people you love toss off remarks that brutalize your soul. ~Bruce Bawer, The Advocate, 28 April 1998

Americanos retos necessitam... uma educação do coração e alma. Devem entender - começar com - como pode sentir-se gastar anos negando o próprias verdades mais profundas, sentar-se silenciosamente por classes, refeições, e serviços de igreja enquanto as pessoas que você ama arremesso fora observações que brutalizam sua alma. ~ Bruce Bawer, O Defensor, 28 abril 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment